Saturday, June 11, 2011

Busy Busy June!

Has it been a month already??  Time has been flying by these last few weeks!  End of year class parties, Open Houses, community and church events have had our family swamped.  But now school is out and life can take on a much slower pace for the summer!

One of my favorite activities during the summer months is canning!  I love to make jams, special sauces and other preserved foods with the abundance of fruits and veggies this time of year.  My husband works in agriculture and often brings home full flats and cartons of produce.  After a few days we are often left wondering what to do with all the excess!  That's when I pull out my recipe books and get to work.


This week Strawberries and Raspberries flowed into our house in large quantities.  After gorging on all the fresh ones we could handle, I made three new recipes: Strawberry Lemonade Concentrate, Chocolate Raspberry Sundae Sauce, and Strawberry-Raspberry Jam.  The Strawberry Lemonade Concentrate made good use of the lemons from our very happy lemon tree in the backyard and will be a refreshing alternative to bottled juices.  The Chocolate Raspberry Sundae sauce is delicious and I can't wait to try it on some ice cream!  Maybe I'll even break out our rarely used Ice Cream Maker!  The jam will be excellent on toast or on PB&J sandwiches this fall!

So in honor of the official start of canning season (At least at my house!  Technically you can preserve things all year round, I just don't have the time unless it's summer) I created this fun Etsy Treasury full of fun and fruity items!   I hope it may inspire some of you to take on a new hobby this summer!

As far as Blue Room Creations goes, it's been a busy month as well!  I've had stockings at Universal Mama and have also added a lot of new stock to the Etsy shop!  I'm also pleased to announce some new products, French Press Cozies, Notebook Covers and Purses!  Look for these in-stock at Universal Mama and Etsy!

I also had the chance to make a stop at my favorite fabric shop, Fabricworm, on a recent road trip!  Look for some new fabulous fabrics in my shop soon!   Another benefit to summer and slower schedules...more time to play in my studio!  

Here's to a great start to Summer!!

No comments:

Post a Comment