Saturday, November 17, 2012

Craft Fair Display Ideas

I just had my first craft show of the holiday season and I had such a fun time trying out some new display ideas!  I've been scouring Pinterest for weeks now, looking for new ideas to display my work WITHOUT spending a fortune.  (You can see my Pins here.)  Some of my display pieces are from the dollar section of Target, random household items or garage sale finds.

The first new items I used this weekend were a pair of cream colored shutters.  I had seen a blog post on Quiltish about using shutters for display, but cheap shutters aren't always easy to come by.  But I got lucky and happened to do a drive-by past a neighborhood garage sale and there out front were these beautiful shutters.  Painted off-white, in good shape, and only $10 each!



Once I got to my show, I wasn't sure how I was going to use them.  I ended up using them as height elements in the back of my display and hanging purses and totes from the corners.  Next time I want to get a little banner to hang between them with my shop name, like one of these from Bekah Jennings on Etsy.  I've been drooling over her banners for a while now!


Here are a few other display ideas from items I had lying around the house:

Elastic hair bands displayed in an old fish bowl. (RIP Goldy)




This tiered cupcake stand from Cost Plus World Market is now a mini wallet display.




Drawers make great display containers.  This drawer is from an antique sewing machine cabinet and it fits my tissue cozies perfectly!



I'm always on the lookout for great display pieces, and I would love to hear ideas you have in the comments below.

My next post will detail how I made a hairpin display from an old picture frame, some fabric, ribbon and hot glue!  Look for it soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment