Friday, May 11, 2012

Summer is A'Coming!!

Are you ready for it?

We've had gorgeous weather this past week, so I'm feeling like I'm ready for summer to begin.  But then I realize I only have 2 1/2 more weeks of kids in school to get all my "to-dos" done, and I panic!  Not Yet! It's a Catch-22, isn't it?

So for the next few weeks, I will be preparing for vacation.  Finishing up projects, stocking the pantry and freezer (grocery shopping with kids is just torture!), planning activities, etc.

One of the things I'm most looking forward to this summer is spending more time with my oldest son.  I feel like we hardly see him now that he is in First Grade and at school all day and activities all afternoon.  I'm eagerly anticipating just hanging out with him.

We are planning for a relaxed summer for the most part.  We have one big trip planned (Legoland!), a few camps scheduled, camping with grandma and swim lessons.  Hopefully we will have time for a few fun day trips as well!  We are blessed to live in beautiful area that has so many fun things to do which are close-by.

Now that the kids are older, I don't get to take along a giant stroller to stash all my things in.  I hate lugging a big purse to the zoo or the amusement park, and really, I don't need most of the things in it.  That's why I love this hip pack!  It's just big enough for your keys, phone and a lip balm.  And it's WAY cuter than a fanny pack!  

Available here at Universal Mama.


I just have this one instock in my shops right now, but I will be working on adding more in the next few weeks.  The pattern is from Ali Foster on Etsy.

Another thing I like to put in my hip pack is a mini wallet, with my ID, cards and cash.  I almost exclusively use one of these in the summer months because it's so easy to toss in a pool bag or slip in your pocket.  Summer is all about being carefree, don't lug around a giant overstuffed wallet!

Available here in my Etsy shop.

So how are you preparing for summer?  Are you excited about the break in the routines, or does the lack of routine frighten you?  I know I usually can't wait for summer, and then halfway through, I can't wait for school to start again!  Let me know what you are planning for or most excited about and I will draw a winner for a special "Get Ready for Summer!" surprise!  I will pick a name on Friday, May 18th at 3pm PST.  Good luck!



7 comments:

  1. Happy early summer! We are super excited about taking the kids to Disneykand to celebrate Wyatt's 5th birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to summer and a family camping trip. We haven't really camped in a few years as camping with a baby is more work for me than I'm willing to put in to it. This year our youngest is 2 and it's going to be so much fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait for the summer and our trip planned... heading to Disneyland this week then a week in Mammoth next month! Summers haven't meant a break in our routine yet as Audrey will be starting preschool in the fall, so this summer will be all about exploring and having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're looking forward to using our pool for the first time! And visiting the grandparents down south.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omigosh, your stuff is SO cute!! Can't believe you made those purses. Did they take hours?!? I totally failed a sewing class in junior high. They told me not to come back, LOL.
    Anne (Anne of Green Gardens)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats Kerry! You were the winner of the random draw! I'll get to work on your surprise and get it too you ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm too late for the giveaway, but that hip pack is TOO cute!!!

    ReplyDelete